Tag Archives: Twitter
Though iOS 5 comes Twitter integrated when you ask Siri to “update Twitter” it politely replies with sorry I cant help you with Twitter. Don’t feel disappointed. Siri does not let you down here as well. After playing with few settings you will be able to update your twitter and Facebook accounts through Siri. If you need a break from the key board or if you wish to update your Status or send out Tweets while you are jogging all you have to do is to speak out to Siri and it does it all for you.
To train Siri to do all this for you follow these steps.
To set up Twitter
Text start to your country’s short code. (its 40404 for U.S)
You will now be asked for your login details. Once you give your username and password add the short code (40404 for example if you are in U.S) as a new contact and name it as Twitter.
To set Up Facebook
Text Hello to your country’s short code. (32665 For U.S)
Now click on the link in the reply and complete the set up process in your browser. Now add the Short code to your contacts with Facebook as its Name.
This sets up your twitter and Facebook accounts ready to be updated by Siri. To update your status, all you have to do is to activate Siri and say send a text to Facebook or end a message to Twitter. Once you confirm your message your update will be posted for you.
When you normally hear the term social media, what comes to your mind? It’s Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, MySpace and many other websites that allows you to interact and share your views with a community of people. But Social Media is much more. Social Media also includes Blogs, RSS feeds, and Bookmarking sites such as Delicious, stumble upon etc.
The common mistake developers make is thinking that using social media will generate leads and sales of their apps. But, in reality social media sites are more about creating relationships with a community of users and potential buyers. In order to be successful with social media, you must establish yourself as a respected participant in your area of interest and earn respect of that community. This takes time and steady work.
Here we will know about the different forms of social media marketing and how you can improve your effort to reach your target market. Some apps and games, lend themselves well to the social media approach because younger age groups tend to play the games and also tend to be consumers of social media advertising and marketing.
Harnessing the power of social media does afford app marketers the ability to reach large audiences of groups that share common interests. The great benefit of social media is that they are typically free for you to sign up. Within minutes you can register an account and be logged on to a social media site. There are thousands of sites you can join, but remember that social media sites are like being at a party. You can only be a part of a few conversations to really be effective and the same holds true for social media sites. You simply won’t have the time to devote to more than a few of them on any consistent basis.
For any company or product, it takes time to develop a following in social media, and it takes time to establish a presence. Here you to earn the respect of others in the community by visiting and commenting on different posts, adding value to conversations, and answering questions where you can provide insight. The activities on social media will open up opportunities for you to talk about your apps after you build a relationship with your readers/followers/buyers.
In longer terms, your results will be positive as you make new connections, establish yourself on the Web, and reap new sales of your app.
In our previous blogs, you saw things to include and avoid while marketing the business through social media sites. If followed correctly, the methods can work towards tremendous success or can backfire as well.
So, here we list down few things to consider before you develop a social media marketing strategy.
1. Analyze your online presence
- Make use of metrics to find out about the online presence. Like, the total count of visitors to the website, how many visitors are being directed by search engines? Etc
- Find out ways how your website gets linked by other sites
- Post original and fresh content
- Rate yourself with your competitors
- Ensure your standing on social networking sites
2. Define, Identify and Analyze the target audience
- Keep a tab on the target audience and check where the interaction takes place more
- The kind of keywords used matter a lot
- Focus on your audience needs and interests
3. Monitoring SMM Strategy
- Do comment, react for users seeking clarifications or solve a query posted within 24 hours
- Remember to post quality blog posts and tweets and it contain some value
- The content posted should be good enough to get linked by other sites
- Blog posts must be posted on regular basis to sustain attention
In order to get a good hold on Social Media Marketing, you need to ensure efficient execution and a quick response. The above mentioned tips will help you guarantee quick receptiveness and expert communication. Though the points look simple and easy to understand they do make a lot of difference when adopted.
- Why You Should Attend Social Media Marketing Workshops (siliconvalleylatinoleadership.com)
- Results Are In: The Top Tool to Help with Social Media Marketing (momecentric.com)
- The Time is NOW for Social Media in the Hospitality Industry (hsmaiva.wordpress.com)
- What are the Benefits from Social Media Marketing? [Lawrence Perry] (ecademy.com)